- If You Can't Find Your Vehicle . . .
Practically all light-duty vehicles sold in Canada from 1977 to 2014 are in our database. However, your model might not be included in the database for one of the following reasons:
- The vehicle was not originally sold in Canada. There may be a similar or equivalent vehicle that was sold in Canada that you can use instead, but to be certain of getting the right incentive value calculation please contact the Scrap-It Program office to tell us exactly what vehicle you are looking for.
- The vehicle is in a vehicle classification other than light-duty. If you are looking for a full-size truck or van it may not be listed because its weight rating takes it outside of the light-duty vehicles that are listed in the fuel consumption guides on which this calculator is based. There may be a lighter equivalent listed that you can use instead, but to be certain of getting the right incentive value calculation please contact the Scrap-It Program office to tell us exactly what vehicle you are looking for.
- The vehicle manufacturer did not submit fuel consumption data to Natural Resources Canada, or submitted it late so that it is only included in the next model year after the vehicle was first available.
- The vehicle is so new that we haven't obtained the manufacturer's data yet. If the new vehicle you want to buy does not appear in the calculator, please let us know what it is, so that we can obtain its specifications and make sure it is included without delay.
If the vehicle you are interested in is not listed in our database, contact the Scrap-It Program office to let us know, and to receive further instructions.